Put a Little Magic in Your Baking With This Unicorn Cookie Recipe
Who doesn’t love the look of a rainbow-colored Unicorn Cookie? No doubt this colorful confection will be a hit at any gathering, but it’s also surprisingly easy to make. This unique recipe brings together several sweet ingredients, some unusual baking techniques, and a generous sprinkle of pixie dust to create a magical snack that both kids and adults will love.
- 2½ cups organic all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1¼ cups organic sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can natural food coloring (in rainbow colors)
- 2 teaspoons sparkly sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a larger bowl, combine vegan butter and sugar, and mix until creamy.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix until fully combined.
- Separate the dough into four separate bowls.
- Add a few drops of the food coloring to each bowl until you have created a rainbow effect.
- Next, shape the dough into mini balls, and place onto the baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Do not over bake.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Once cooled, place a sprinkle of crisp sprinkles for a fairy-tale finish that adds flavor and visual appeal to this already special treat.
While this recipe is inspired by the traditional European cookie, the Unicorn Cookie doesn’t hold back on flavor or appeal. With a beautiful rainbow display and a delightful sweetness, these chewy cookies are sure to become a popular activity in any kitchen. Whether added to a celebration of a birthday party, or simply as a fun pastime, the Unicorn Cookie is sure to be a hit!
So, don your pinafores and put your baking skills to the test – this colorful, mysterious cookie is worth the effort. With unexpected hints of sweetness, and a little something extra you can’t put your finger on, this recipe offers magical results. It’s a good thing the ingredients are easy to find and the preparation is straightforward, because you’ll want to make this recipe again and again!