Egg Salad Recipe Southern- A Tasty Delight
If you’re looking for a tasty treat that packs a punch of flavor and crunch, then this Egg Salad Recipe Southern is the dish for you! Drawing from the rich culinary traditions of the American South, this egg salad dish is perfect for a light lunch or as a unique side for a larger gathering.
• 6 large eggs
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
• 2 tablespoons diced red onion
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
• 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
• 2 tablespoons chopped celery
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook for 8 minutes.
2. Transfer eggs to an ice bath to cool. Once cool, peel eggs and place in a medium bowl. Use a fork to coarsely mash the eggs.
3. Add mayonnaise, pickle relish, red onion, Dijon mustard, smoked paprika, black pepper, parsley, dill, bacon, celery, and sea salt. Stir to combine.
4. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
5. Serve egg salad on toasted bread or with fresh vegetables.
This Egg Salad Recipe Southern is a delightful mix of flavors and textures. The creamy mayonnaise and sweet pickle relish give the egg salad a gentle sweetness, while the smoked paprika, bacon, and celery add a smoky, savory flavor. Red onion provides a mild spiciness, and the parsley and dill add a bright herbal note. Serve this egg salad with crusty bread for a satisfying sandwich, or pile it onto a bed of crisp lettuce for a lighter, healthier version.
This Egg Salad Recipe Southern is just one of many classic dishes from the American South that bring together fresh ingredients, bold flavors, and culinary traditions. Whether you’re looking for a hearty sandwich or a light salad, this egg salad is sure to please. Try it out and enjoy!