David Chang Pork Belly: A Multi-Cultural Treat
David Chang’s pork belly recipe is a lip-smacking and extraordinary delight for anyone who loves to cook and savor the blended flavors of diverse cultures. Drawing inspiration from Korean and Japanese cooking traditions, this dish is a tantalizing mix of both sweet and savory.
The star ingredient of the dish, pork belly, is perfect for this recipe. By utilizing the principles of slow-cooking, the flavors of the marinade that include ginger, soy sauce, honey, fish sauce, and white pepper are able to seep deeply into the pork and create a flavor profile that is truly unique.
The combination of sweet and savory is truly a delight. The honey creates a sweet and subtle flavor while the fish sauce and white pepper add a salty and spicy punch. The pork belly is then roasted to create layers of crisps, making each bite mouth-watering.
Not only is the dish a treat for the taste buds, but the transformation that occurs in the cooking process is perplexing and mesmerizing. As the pork belly marinates in the marinade, it transforms into a succulent, juicy delicacy. After a few hours in the oven, the pork belly bursts with flavor, creating a flavor burst that will likely have you licking your lips.
David Chang’s pork belly is a fantastic culinary delight that can be served as an appetizer or as a main course. If you’re looking to spice up your weekly menu with something different, give this pork belly dish a try. You won’t be disappointed!
– 4 lbs pork belly
– 4 cloves garlic (minced)
– 1/2 cup honey
– 1/4 cup soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons fish sauce
– 1 teaspoon white pepper
– 2 tablespoons grated ginger
– 1 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a bowl, combine minced garlic, honey, soy sauce, fish sauce, white pepper, and grated ginger to create a marinade.
3. Rub generous amounts of the marinade over the pork belly.
4. In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat.
5. Place the pork belly in the hot skillet and cook each side for 2 minutes until lightly browned.
6. Place the pork belly in a roasting pan and pour the remaining marinade over the pork belly.
7. Place in preheated oven and cook for 1-1.5 hours until pork belly is crispy on the outside.
8. Remove from the oven and serve with cooked rice and steamed vegetables. Enjoy!