An Incredible Chocolate Burfi Recipe
Chocolate Burfi is a classic Indian dessert, popular among all ages, and beloved all around the world! Made from milk, sugar, and rich chocolate, this marvellous treat is a delicious and scrumptious way to end a meal or satisfy a craving.
- 2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon rose water (optional)
- 1 – 2 cups sliced almonds
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the condensed milk, melted chocolate, melted butter, all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, and cardamom.
- Mix until everything is incorporated and the batter is smooth.
- Grease an 8-inch round baking pan with butter or oil.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and smooth it out evenly and press the sliced almonds on top.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the center is set.
- When done, pour the rosewater over the top (if using). Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
Chocolate Burfi has a long-standing tradition in India, but it is easy to make at home and meticulously adapt to individual tastes. With its medley of flavourful ingredients, this Indian delicacy contains layers of sweet decadence that make it difficult to resist. The melted chocolate chips add a burst of flavour and delectability, while the cardamom adds a unique complexity and warmth. As with most Indian desserts, this divine dish is best served with a cup of steaming Chai.
Although this Chocolate Burfi recipe smells and tastes great as is, it is absolutely possible to modify it to suite your preferences. Some people like to switch up the cardamom with cinnamon or nutmeg; others replace the sliced almonds with pistachios or shredded coconut. The possibilities are endless! Or if you prefer something closer to traditional Burfi, try substituting the chocolate for clotted cream or mawa.
This Chocolate Burfi recipe is a wonderfully tasty treat that is sure to dazzle your taste buds. Go ahead, give it a try!