Skip to content
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste.
- Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan.
- Fill with cut up apples, mounded slightly.
- Cover with a lattice work crust.
- Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust.
- Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.