Experience a Flavorful Culinary Journey with Paula Deen’s Meatloaf Recipe
For those who are looking for the perfect meal to treat their family to, Paula Deen’s meatloaf recipe may be the answer. This comforting homemade dish is sure to be a hit at even the fanciest family gatherings or the simplest of weeknight dinners.
While most meatloaf recipes call for a simple combination of ground beef, eggs and breadcrumbs, Paula Deen kicks things up a notch by adding flavor to every bite. Not only does this recipe merge sweetness and spiciness, it also introduces a hint of native Southern flair with Worcestershire and barbecue sauces. Offering a complexity of flavors partnered with a range of textures, Paula Deen’s meatloaf is sure to please even the pickiest of palates.
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 ½ cups of crushed saltine crackers
- ½ cup of yellow mustard
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of Worcheshire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of ketchup
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, crackers, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, eggs, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and brown sugar. Use clean hands to mix all ingredients together.
- Place meatloaf mixture in a large loaf pan and shape into a loaf.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ketchup and barbecue sauce and spread on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for one hour, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
By capturing the essence of Southern favorites like sweet-mustard-garlic tang of barbecue ribs and the unique flavor of Worcestershire sauce, Paula Deen has created the quintessential meatloaf. A smoky-savory-sweet dish that’s sure to tantalize the senses, this delightful dish is just as suited to the holidays as it is for even the most weeknight of suppers.