A lot of people have emailed me and how I make my cookies look so pretty. Well all I do is make up some regular icing and get a little creative in the kitchen. I make two batches. The first is fairly thin so I can spread it evenly over the cookies, essentially painting them. The second batch is just regular icing and I decorate the cookies with variety of piping tools. Happy Halloween!
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix the sugar and cream together in a bowl until smooth and then mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.