Chocolate Cake Recipe from Natasha’s Kitchen
Jump start your inner pastry chef with this scrumptious chocolate cake recipe from Natasha’s Kitchen! If you’re looking for a divinely indulgent dessert, this recipe is for you. The smooth and creamy chocolate icing is simply heavenly and the moist chocolatey cake is guaranteed to tantalize your taste buds.
This memorable dessert comes from Natasha, who drew from her Eastern-European roots to craft a unique spin on the classic chocolate cake recipe. With its hint of brandy and finely-crushed nuts sprinkled over the top, no one will be able to resist a slice! Even better, it’s surprisingly easy to make, despite its intricate flavor and texture.
- 2 cups (400 g) granulated sugar
- 1 ¾ cups (220 g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (70 g) cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (240 ml) buttermilk
- ½ cup (120 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240 ml) freshly brewed hot coffee
- 1 tablespoon brandy (optional)
- 1 cup (125 g) finely chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Grease and flour two 8-inch or 9-inch round cake pans.
- Add sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a large bowl and mix together.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Gently whisk in the hot coffee, brandy (optional), and finely chopped nuts (optional). Batter will be thin.
- Pour or spoon batter into the prepared cake pans evenly and bake for 30-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Let the cakes cool for 10 minutes then remove from the pans to cool completely on a cooling rack.
Enjoy this delicious chocolate cake recipe from Natasha’s Kitchen and experience her unique spin on a classic. An unforgettable way to finish off any meal, this cake is certain to leave you wanting more.