Chicken Salad Chick’s Sassy Scotty: A Tangy Twist on Traditional Chicken Salad
Chicken Salad Chick has put a zesty spin on one of America’s favorite Southern picnic classics, with their unique recipe for Sassy Scotty. Combining tender, juicy chicken with sweet cranberries, pungent red onions, and crunchy bacon all dressed up in a spicy and creamy mayo-based dressing, this chicken salad packs a powerful punch of flavor.
– 1 lb boneless and skinless chicken, cooked and diced
– 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
– 1/3 cup dried cranberries
– 1/4 cup chopped red onion
– 1/4 cup mayonnaise
– 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
– 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
– 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
– 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine chicken, cheese, bacon, cranberries, and red onion, stirring gently to mix.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, balsamic vinegar, parsley, Dijon mustard, and garlic powder, until fully combined.
3. Pour dressing over chicken mixture, and stir to fully coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Refrigerate for at least one hour, allowing flavors to meld.
Serve this Sassy Scotty on a bed of lettuce and chopped kale, topped with a sprinkle of feta cheese. Alternatively, use it to top off a crunchy croissant or a toasted piece of whole-grain bread.
It’s the perfect addition to your next family picnic, a summer-time potluck, or just a delicious lunch or dinner in a hurry. By blending classic ingredients with modern twists, Chicken Salad Chick provides a delicious take on the traditional with this delicious Sassy Scotty recipe. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking and get sassy!